Frequently Asked Questions
What programs do you offer?
Commonwealth Care Alliance currently offers two healthcare programs:
- Commonwealth Care Alliance One Care Plan is for Massachusetts residents aged 21 to 64 who are dually eligible for both Medicare and MassHealth. Many of the members have complex healthcare needs including chronic medical problems, intellectual or developmental disabilities, mental illness, or a history of substance abuse.
- Commonwealth Care Alliance Senior Care Options Program is for Massachusetts seniors aged 65 years and older who have Medicare and MassHealth Standard or just MassHealth Standard alone and who stand to benefit from a personalized, flexible care plans based on their unique needs.
What makes Commonwealth Care Alliance different from other healthcare providers in Massachusetts?
Our “model of care” makes us different. Our approach to healthcare is patient-focused. We’ve always understood the value of listening to and learning from the people we serve. Giving our members the opportunity to be participants in their own care differentiates our approach and makes a huge difference in the quality of life of the people we serve.
Is the Commonwealth Care Alliance model of care effective?
Yes. Data shows that our approach is effective in improving healthcare outcomes and reducing costs. For example:
- For our Senior Care Options program, our overall hospital admission rate declined for the fifth straight year, falling 7% between 2012 and 2013, and our 30-day hospital readmission percentage dropped from 17.99% in 2012 to 16.5% in 2013.
- In a 2013 survey, 97% of providers agreed that Commonwealth Care Alliance helps them achieve better outcomes with their Senior Care Options patients, and 100% agreed that their Commonwealth Care Alliance Senior Care Options patients benefit from our program.
- Since its launch in October 2013, our One Care program has shown to be effective in reducing emergency room visits, improving people’s quality of life and health, and addressing unmet needs for long term services and supports (LTSS).
How do I become a network physician or other health care provider?
If you’re interested in becoming part of our provider network, or have any other questions or comments, please e-mail Provider Network Department at: CCAContracting@commonwealthcare.org
Where can I find other Commonwealth Care Alliance contracted physicians and other healthcare providers?
Click on “Find a Provider” on the main menu bar to select a program and visit the online directory.
Where do I submit claims?
Send claims to:
Commonwealth Care Alliance
P.O. Box 22280
Portsmouth, NH 03802-2280
Send dental claims to:
P.O. Box 508
Milwaukee, WI 53201
Where can I find a list of covered services?
Covered services are listed in provider contracts. You may also find covered services information in Section 4 of the Provider Manual
Where do I find Commonwealth Care Alliance provider forms?
Frequently requested forms are located in the Administrative Forms, Lists and Notices section of our web site.
How do I find out about career opportunities with Commonwealth Care Alliance?
We list job openings on this website in the Career section. Click here to find out about current openings.
Where are you located?
Our central headquarters are at 30 Winter Street, Boston, MA 02108. Click here for directions to our other locations.
Last Updated 10/24/2014