At CCA, our commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion includes our suppliers. We are committed to developing mutually beneficial relationships with People of Color, Disability, Women, Ethnicity, LGBTQ+, Veteran, and Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned business to drive innovation, sustainability, and social responsibility. Through these partnerships, we aim to strengthen our communities.
Goals of the Program
- Partner with diverse suppliers reflective of the communities in which we serve.
- Ensure fair and impartial consideration is given to each diverse supplier and the products/services it provides.
- Use resources responsibly to support the long-term sustainability of our organization and the global environment in which we, our clients, and patients live and operate.
The Diversity Supplier program identifies opportunities for people of color, disability, women, ethnicity, LGBTQ+, veteran, and service-disabled veteran-owned businesses to compete for business. The program focuses on ensuring diversity-owned businesses are afforded equal opportunity to participate in CCA’s procurement process. It also identifies scalable, sustainable healthcare solutions that can enhance the long-term well-being of our members and clients and accelerate the adoption of sustainable business practices nationwide.
Commonwealth Care Alliance recognizes supplier diversity:
Commonwealth Care Alliance, in alignment with the National Minority Supplier Development Council (NMSDC), identifies a diverse business as one that is at least 51% owned and controlled/managed by one or more individuals who are members of an ethnic minority group (e.g., African American, Asian American, Hispanic American, Native American, etc.), LGBTQ+, women, veterans, or those with disabilities.
Third-party certifications are also accepted to include (but not limited to):
- Disability: In DOBE®s, including Veteran Disability-Owned Business Enterprises (V-DOBE™s)
and Service-Disabled Veteran Disability-Owned Business Enterprises (SDV-DOBE™s)
- Minority-Owned Business Enterprise
- Women-Owned Business Enterprise
- Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise
- Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business Enterprise
- People with Disability-Owned Business Enterprise
- LGBTQ+-Owned Business Enterprise