Effective Date: March 23, 2023
As used in this Policy, terms such as “we,” “us,” and “our,” refer to current and future affiliated entities, subsidiaries, agents, contractors, or vendors of Commonwealth Care Alliance, Inc. Our Online Services are targeted to a United States audience.
Collection of Personal Information
When you visit our website, we collect information in several ways. There is information which relates to you (“Personal Information”) which you provide, such as your CV, email address, phone number, physical address, employment, and educational history, and (where applicable) background screening reports.
There is also Personal Information we collect from you as a result of the technology used to operate the Site, such as IP address, geographic location, Internet service provider, and pages visited (“Navigational Information”). We use “cookie” technology to collect site statistical information and improve your customer experience.
Cookies and clear GIFs
“Clear gifs” are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, that are used to track the online movements of website users. The main difference between the two is that clear gifs are invisible on the page and are much smaller than cookies. This website doesn’t collect any Personal Information from clear gifs. Further, no information collected from clear gifs can be linked back to your Personal Information.
Additionally, as part of the Navigational Information we collect, we also collect statistical data as you browse our websites. For example, we automatically collect, average time spent on our site, information searched for, access times, clickstreamdata, and other relevant information about your online experience.
Some of this Navigational Information may be linked to the Personal Information you provide directly. Where we connect Navigational Information with Personal Information, we will consider such Navigational Information as Personal Information.
Use of Personal Information
If you choose to provide us with Personal Information, we use this information for a number of purposes. With the information we collect, we can:
- Recognize you when you return to our site so we can personalize your experience.
- Process job applications and transactions.
- Respond to your requests.
- Provide you with relevant product and service offers on our site.
- Deliver the products and services in which you enroll or for which you apply.
- Notify you of information, updates, or special offers, that we think may interest you.
- Provide you with a more effective experience while on our website. To do this, we may process your information or combine it with other publicly available information. This enables us to customize your CCA experience.
CCA also uses your Personal Information for a number of internal business purposes. As such, we will also use your Personal Information to:
- Comply with any applicable legal and regulatory requirements involving job applicants, which may include providing reports to government agencies.
- Verify your identity to ensure security for one of the other purposes listed in this policy.
- Populate your employee records in the event you are hired by CCA.
- Ensure or enhance the security and functionality of our electronic systems.
- Maintain the security and integrity of our networks and systems.
- Investigate suspected or actual illegal activity.
- Prevent physical harm or financial loss.
- Support the sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including through bankruptcy).
- Protect against fraud.
- Conduct internal investigations and comply with legal obligations.
Disclosure of Personal Information
To carry out certain business functions, we sometimes hire other companies to perform services on our behalf (“Service Providers”). Service Providers may use your Personal Information, such as the email address you have supplied when registering, to enable them to perform these services, but they’re required to safeguard this data and are generally not authorized to use it for any other purpose besides completing their contractual requirements to CCA.
Additionally, we may disclose your Personal Information to other third parties as required by law, or for the purposes disclosed above. For example, we may need to disclose your Personal Information to a governmental agency in response to a warrant, subpoena, or other legal process. Similarly, we may need to disclose your Personal Information to a third party to prevent physical harm to you or some other person.
Except as otherwise specified in this Policy, or as permitted by applicable law, CCA doesn’t disclose Personal Information outside of CCA or its affiliates.
A copy of HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices is available for your review. The Notice of Privacy Practices details the privacy policies of CCA with respect to its members personal health information. We recognize that some users of our websites may not be CCA members. Personal health information that we receive about our members is always treated in the manner described in the HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices document.
Suspected privacy violation
To report a suspected privacy violation, please email us at [email protected] with attention to Privacy and Security Officer. If you believe that the suspected privacy violation may cause the physical harm to yourself or another individual, please call us at 1-866-457-4953.
We deploy reasonable technical, administrative, and procedural safeguards in order to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, loss, or destruction. As CCA continues to introduce new functionality to this website, additional features and other safeguards will be introduced to further enhance privacy and security.
CCA retains personal information as is reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes described in this Policy. Your personal information will be retained so as to consider you for roles for which you may be qualified within the CCA.
We may also retain personal information for any additional period as required by applicable law or regulation, court, administrative or arbitration proceedings, or audit requirements.